Divergent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Divergent

Abnegation. Amity. Candor. Dauntless. Erudite. 5 Factions. Some will fit one. Some will be Factionless. Some will be Divergent.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just Walking {O P E N}

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Just Walking {O P E N} Empty Just Walking {O P E N} Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:49 pm

LimeGreenLily

LimeGreenLily

Bea Hawthorne
Just Walking {O P E N} Tve7396-19990209-760
"A good book is like a good friend."
Bea walked on the asphalt with a book in hand, her sneakers making crunching noises on the black street. She was re-reading "Alice in Wonderland" for the seventh time. She sniffed at the air. It smelled of metal, sweat, and freshly mowed grass. Bea smiled slightly for a moment. The smell was calming and familiar. Bea looked down at her book, even though she didn't have to. Bea had memorized Alice in Wonderland the other week. She had headphones listening to Paramore's "Misery Business". Bea stopped walking for a moment to listen better. She thought she heard a noise. Bea took one earphone out to listen better. But, she couldn't hear anything anymore. She shrugged and put earphone back in. Bea continued walking. It was a rather nice evening. It was humid, but Bea liked the stuffiness of it. It felt like a blanket, in her opinion. A slight breeze moved a bit of Bea's ginger hair. Then Bea heard the noise again. It was the sound of footsteps. Maybe it was just someone walking, but Bea didn't see anyone. She turned around. Then Bea saw someone. They were walking behind her. It was another Candor. "Oh, hi. Didn't see yah there." She muttered shyly.

2Just Walking {O P E N} Empty Re: Just Walking {O P E N} Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:01 pm

Piplope

Piplope

April Miller
Outfit

Just Walking {O P E N} Thai-sidebar
"Please, just leave me out of the situation."

.:|When all you got to keep is strong|:.
.:|Move along, move along like I know ya do|:.
.:|And even when your hope is gone|:.

----------

April walked out of her home after her older brother left for work. April was tired of sitting around her house all day, and wanted a small change in scenery. And, a good way to do that was a simple walk around town.
As she was walking, she saw a girl ahead of her, but April left her alone, because it appeared that she had ear-buds in, so it'd be pointless to talk to her. Besides, April wasn't looking in striking up a conversation.
But, it appeared that April wasn't going to get her way. She was walking to hard on the ground, and the girl had heard her walking.
"Oh, hey. I saw you, but didn't say anything 'cause you had ear-buds in, and you probably wouldn't have heard anything that I said." April admitted. She loved her home, but regretted the fact that at a young age, she was taught to not keep anything a secret. She wished that she could keep at least... some things private.

----------

.:|Move along, move along|:.
.:|just to make it through|:.
.:|Move along|:.
.:|When everything is wrong we move along|:.

3Just Walking {O P E N} Empty Re: Just Walking {O P E N} Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:44 pm

LimeGreenLily

LimeGreenLily

Bea gave a weak smile. She paused her music and massaged the back of her neck awkwardly. The girl that stood before her had long brown hair and slightly thick eyebrows that framed her face nicely. The girl was gorgeous, a fool could see that. Bea had seen the girl at the Initiation Ceremonies. Her name was April, but Bea couldn't remember her last name. The girl was obviously a natural Candor, she explained everything. "Oh." Bea said awkwardly. She wished she had something clever to say, but she didn't. "I'm Bea. You just finished initiation, right? You're gorgeous, by the way." Bea said, giving a more genuine smile. Bea raked her fingers through her ginger hair.

4Just Walking {O P E N} Empty Re: Just Walking {O P E N} Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:48 pm

Piplope

Piplope

April Miller
Outfit

----------

April blushed slightly as she was given a compliment. "When someone compliments you, the only polite thing to do is compliment them back," April's late mother's voice ran through her head.
"You have pretty hair." April states, looking at her ginger hair. When she was younger, April always thought girls with red hair were beautiful.
April took a step closer to the girl, and held out her hand.
"I'm April Miller," April says, giving the girl her name. April knew she had seen her from somewhere before, initiation, maybe? That meant that the girl had heard her deepest secrets. "Sorry, I'm bad with names. Who are you, again? I know that I've seen you in initiation." April says, warmly.

----------

[right][font=Lucida Handwriting].:|Move along, move along|:.

5Just Walking {O P E N} Empty Re: Just Walking {O P E N} Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:24 am

LimeGreenLily

LimeGreenLily

Bea smiled and thanked April as she complimented her. Bea shook April's hand firmly. A cloud moved to cover up the sun and Bea tried to warm her arms by massaging them with her hands. "Bea Hawthorne. It's fine if you'd rather not answer, but how did you decide Candor?" Bea asked curiously. She put her hands in the pockets of her white sweater and rocked back and forth in her black shoes.

6Just Walking {O P E N} Empty Re: Just Walking {O P E N} Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:55 pm

Piplope

Piplope

April Miller
Outfit

----------

At first, April was confused. What did she mean by 'choose Candor?' Then, she realized Bea was asking why April chose to remain in Candor.
"Well..." April tried to rack her brain with why she chose to remain here. It just seemed like instinct for her to remain here.
"My brother stayed here, and I don't know. This is just... home. I don't think I'd do to good anywhere else." She explained. "Why, are you planning on leaving Candor?"

----------

7Just Walking {O P E N} Empty Re: Just Walking {O P E N} Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:45 pm

LimeGreenLily

LimeGreenLily

Bea shook her head vigorously. Was she planning on leaving Candor? She wasn't a very good Candor, that was for sure. Bea liked to be a very private person. But, she couldn't leave her family. "No, I was just curious." Bea said quickly, a little too quickly. Bea envied April. April was a natural Candor. She belonged in Candor. But, as much as Bea tried, she just didn't belong. Bea fought the urge to sigh. "Have you been well since you finished initiation?" Bea asked politely.

8Just Walking {O P E N} Empty Re: Just Walking {O P E N} Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:28 pm

Piplope

Piplope

April Miller
Outfit

----------

April shrugged. "Okay, I guess. I mean, I'm still living with my brother and everything so..." April explained. Nothing had really changed in her life, except now she was a true Candor, and people started treating her like an adult, which April didn't like to much. Mainly because she still felt like a child.

----------

9Just Walking {O P E N} Empty Re: Just Walking {O P E N} Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:48 pm

LimeGreenLily

LimeGreenLily

Bea pursed her lips. She nodded slightly. Someone started mowing their law. The noise annoyed Bea. In Bea's eyes, it was loud and obnoxious. But, in Bea's nose, it smelled nice. She loved the smell of freshly cut grass. It made her think of home. Bea smiled nervously. She wasn't sure how to fill the awkward silence. For a moment, they both just stood there, waiting for the other to say something. Bea figured she might as well say something, if April wasn't going to. "That's nice." Bea said. She had a feeling this had only made the awkwardness worse. Bea fidgeted with her fingers. "Do you like reading?" She asked. She figured that if they talked about something Bea knew all about, it wouldn't be so hard for her to think of something to say. Bea folded the edge of the page she was on in Alice in Wonderland and closed the book, to politely give April her full attention. Bea tucked a strand of hair back and awaited April's answer.

10Just Walking {O P E N} Empty Re: Just Walking {O P E N} Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:33 pm

Piplope

Piplope

April Miller
Outfit

----------

April smiled. "I love reading. I don't have much to do, so reading is quite fun." She smiles, and then notices the book that Bea was reading. "Oh, what's that book?" She asks, trying to get a glimpse of the book before Bea put it behind her back, but she put it away to quickly, so April was not able to see it.

----------

11Just Walking {O P E N} Empty Re: Just Walking {O P E N} Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:57 pm

LimeGreenLily

LimeGreenLily

Bea blushed slightly and showed the cover of her book to April. Alice in Wonderland was a bit of a childish book. Bea wished she had brought a different, more mature book. "It's Alice in Wonderland." She muttered shyly. Bea gave a weak smile to April and rocked back and forth on her feet again. Bea's white wool sweater warmed her, but it was rather thin, and the wind was picking up. Bea shivered slightly. It had rained earlier that day and the pavement smelled very much like stone. Bea's black sneakers were probably wet by now. "Let's hope it doesn't rain." She said, louder this time. The clouds seemed to be getting thicker. Bea watched someone walk by with an umbrella in hand. Immediately, Bea wished she had brought an umbrella. Bea's teeth chattered. She tucked away her book again once April had seen it.

12Just Walking {O P E N} Empty Re: Just Walking {O P E N} Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:57 pm

Piplope

Piplope

April Miller
Outfit

----------

April thought for a moment if she had read Alice In Wonderland before. The name sounded familiar, but then again, April had a terrible memory and often forgot things.
"I don't know if I've read it. I might have..." She explains, looking at the cover but then giving up.
Bea put the book away, and then April noticed the wind beginning to pick up, and Bea wrapping her sweater tighter.
"Maybe we should go inside. It might rain again, and it's getting kinda cold out. My house is just over there." April points behind her, as the wind blows again, and her hair wraps around her face. April has to take a moment to clear it, so her face is visible and she can see.
"Come on." She smiled, and began walking back to her house, hopefully avoiding the brewing storm.

----------

13Just Walking {O P E N} Empty Re: Just Walking {O P E N} Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:15 pm

LimeGreenLily

LimeGreenLily

Bea nodded and smiled genuinely. Her house was a while away and it looked like it would take moments to get to April's. Bea followed April slowly along the pavement. She felt a few rain drops on her shoulder. Bea's red hair swayed to the side in the wind. She was very grateful for April. If it wasn't for her, she would probably have to walk home alone, soaked with rain. "Thanks." She muttered shyly.
OOC: We should probably make a topic in the houses Razz

14Just Walking {O P E N} Empty Re: Just Walking {O P E N} Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:12 pm

Piplope

Piplope

(I will!)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum