Divergent
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Divergent

Abnegation. Amity. Candor. Dauntless. Erudite. 5 Factions. Some will fit one. Some will be Factionless. Some will be Divergent.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Strollin' Around the Pit

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Strollin' Around the Pit Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:27 pm

JonSnow

Strollin' Around the Pit Bo-Burnham-010

Wolf walked around the Pit, walking across the walkways, his hands in his pocket. The way he walked so casually made it seem like he didn't realize there was a huge drop to the ground. He whistled a tune as he did so, making his way down to the Pit floor. He felt the water from the chasm hit him lightly on the arm as he walked and he flinched, and then gritted his teeth. He wished that he could hit the water, take his anger out on it...but that wouldn't do a thing. It frustrated him that there was nothing that he could do to water. But that's just the way the world was. He reached the Pit floor and looked up at the glass ceiling and then back down...and he realized that he wasn't alone.

2Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:11 pm

Lupa

Lupa

Strollin' Around the Pit Tumblr_m5rveeilPd1rne603
A few meters away, a girl was balancing on the railings, taking careful steps towards Wolf.  One side of her was speckled with water from the chasm's spray; her black sweatpants and tanktop had a new spotted pattern on it.  when she was just about a foot away, her bare feet slipped, and one leg flew back over the open space.  But she didn't even seem to care, instead, she gave him a broad smile as she balance on a single foot, slowly bending her body until she could hold onto the railing with her hands.  "Hey mister grumpy face.  How ya doin' today?"  she kept her eyes on him as she slipped her feet back underneath her and dropped herself to the ground.  Then she leaned her back against the railing.  Not a care in the world.

3Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:21 pm

JonSnow

Strollin' Around the Pit GK8Ns7W

Wolf stopped dead in his tracks when he saw her. She was balancing on the edge of the railings...it wasn't the huge drop that bothered him, but instead the water. He notice her smile as she almost fell and then grab onto the railing. She was Dauntless alright, which before would've made him smile. When she called him mister grumpy face and asked how he was doing, he instead wore a confused look that almost said "What the hell...?" but instead, he shook his head to the side slowly and said, "If I loom grumpy, how do you think I would be doing?"

4Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:46 pm

Lupa

Lupa

Strollin' Around the Pit Tumblr_m7413lBLZY1r8wvvh
She saw his initial reaction, but wasn't shaken. Even the craziest Dauntless don't put the rails to test anymore. But she was different, maybe a little too reckless. His comment didn't catch her of guard; her wording had been a little off. But she made a face and nodded. "Good point," She turned to look back into the chasm. "So... why is it that I have to call you Mister Grumpy Face? Why not be Mister Happy Face?" Or your actual name. She'd seen the guy around before, certainly, but didn't want to address him by the wrong name.

5Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:58 pm

JonSnow

He nodded when she said he had a good point, as if agreeing with her. Then she asked why she couldn't call him Mister Happy Face. The beginning of a smirk appeared on his lips, but his eyes were void of such humor. "Because I am never happy." The smirk faded away and he crossed his arms. "So, what brings you here? Just decided to balance on a railing?" With his arms crossed, the tattoo on the back of his arm was clearly visible. He wondered why she decided to talk to him...and wondered how soon he could get out of this situation.

6Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:18 am

Lupa

Lupa

The girl shrugged. He didn't want to talk too much, obviously. She could understand that. It didn't mean she'd let him off the hook. "Dunno really. Just had a feeling like it was somethin' I needed to do," she said, watching him fold his arms. Now she could see his tattoo. The snake-sword thing. "Wolf, right?" she asked him, certain of the name now. His was a First Jumper, like herself; you didn't forget those like you, just never see them. Subconsciously, her left arm let go of the rail she was leaning on, brushed her loose hair on that side behind her, placed it back down, tattooed side up this time. This simple movement showed both the flames around her neck and the candor symbol on her arm, both previously hidden by her positioning and hair.

7Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:30 am

JonSnow

Wolf nodded his head. "Yeah, that's my name. How do you know it?" He watched as she moved her hair out of the way and then the truth was revealed to him. "Ahh...you're the uh...Nightflare girl, right? First jumper from last year's initiates? I remember hearing about you..." He didn't mention anything about his sister being in last year's group. The memory of her was too painful to recall. Instead he continued with what he was saying. "And from Candor...didn't like it at home huh? Can't exactly blame you...I came from Amity...you can imagine what it must've been like there." Again, he almost smiled, but something in him restrained it. He leaned against the railing, wincing every so slightly as the water grazed him. Get it together Dan-, no, Wolf...get it together Wolf...it's just water...it can't hurt you... He sighed silently and looked back at the girl.

8Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:52 am

Lupa

Lupa

Good, he was opening up a bit. "Yep! Us First Jumpers gotta know each other, right?" she says. A slight crease crosses her face at the mention of not liking it at home...if only he knew... but he didn't, and her smile quickly returned. "Yeah, I didn't exactly fit the profile...I get it. By the way, my name's Lupa," The name got less unfamiliar every time it was used in her mind. As she thought about her name, her hand went back to her neck, feeling the ink make its flame patterns on her skin. After a second, she put her hand back on the railings, swung one leg over. Her feet twisted together in the air underneath where she sat; she loved the feeling of freedom and complete control over herself. From her spot, she looked at Wolf, noticing his reactions to everything and trying to make sense of him.

9Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:15 am

JonSnow

"Believe me, there are some things about me you're better off not knowing." He put his back against the railing and turned to look at her. "Lupa, huh? Like the goddess of wolves? Something like that, right?" Once again, he almost smiled, only this time it was there faintly before his normal expression returned. Why was he smiling again all of a sudden? Surely it couldn't have anything to do with a girl...could it? He didn't know. Maybe he would find out...then again, maybe he wouldn't.

10Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:31 am

Lupa

Lupa

Lupa shrugged in a sarcastic manner.  "I wouldn't know Wolf"  she said, her face slightly more serious now.  But there was still a kind smile.  And then she saw it.  Just a hint of a smile trying to peak its way out.  Her mission was almost to success.  She started swinging her legs back and forth in graceful arcs, stopping just before they would slip underneath the boy leaning over the railings.  She waited for a response

11Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:48 am

JonSnow

"What, no one ever told you the meaning of your own name? Maybe you aren't from Candor after all..." Somehow, even if Wolf didn't realize it, a smile crept onto his face as he sat on the railing next to her. It was a sarcastic smile, sure, but it was a smile nonetheless. However, Wolf couldn't even tell he was doing it. For all he knew, he could've been steely eyed and had a bitter expression. But he didn't. He was smiling, his eyes actually showing humor for the first time in over a year.

12Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:43 am

Lupa

Lupa

She couldn't help but begin to laugh. A light, giggly, laugh. He was smiling, actually smiling, though it didn't seem to reach his eyes. And then, all of a sudden, she slipped. A real slip. A not-in-control-of-the-situation-even-loosely slip. Panic hit her face as she felt her body try to go over the edge without her say-so. Then her left arm wrapped around the railing, counterbalanced by her right leg that locked into a grip of the bar on the inside of her knee. Her left leg scrambled for a hold on the chasm wall. After a few seconds, she found a spot, pushed off of it. It was only then that she realized where her right hand had gone. Right on top of his, the chain tattoo on her wrist brushing his bare skin just slightly. With a blush, she snapped her had back, sat up again. "Uh...It's not exactly the name Candor gave me," she said softly, almost inaudible over the roar of the chasm. She wasn't smiling anymore, a bit visibly shaken. But she was obviously trying to pass it off like nothing happened. And she was failing.

13Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:54 am

JonSnow

Wolf realized she was laughing, and his smile faded as she did so. "What's so funny?" That was when she slipped. He began to get worried, then realized she was pulling herself back up and sighed. Then he realized her hand was touching his and he blushed as well, moving his hand away gently. She said something about her name not being the one that Candor gave her and Wolf gave an amused grunt. "My family in Amity didn't give me the name Wolf either, believe it or not. They called me...something else." He let her climb back on herself, prepared to catch her if need be, in case she slipped again.

14Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:03 am

Lupa

Lupa

After a moment, she was fully upright again. Fully in control. She let out a sigh, rotating her leg over to the safe side. Now that her feet were safely on the ground, she could think. "Something else, huh? Big surprise there," Amity, name a child after a predator beast? Unheard of. But she didn't pry for a name. She wouldn't give her own anyway. A name was a link to the past, a link he didn't seem to want to have. Or was that her projecting her thoughts on to him? Probably. "And what is so funny," she turned to look at him, but the smile was gone. Surprisingly, she saw just a tiny bit of worry in there somewhere, "Is that Mister Grumpy Face might have a Happy Face under all of that."

15Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:09 am

JonSnow

He breathed out through his nostrils in relief as she got into a safer position. She said something sarcastic and Wolf held out a finger and then said, "Was that...sarcasm I heard?" He looked at her with a mock puzzled expression. Then she mentioned something about him having a happy face and then he got a very puzzled expression and crossed his arms once more. "What the hell are you talking about? This is the only face I have..." He looked at her skeptically, as if he didn't believe her.

16Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:24 am

Lupa

Lupa

Her head gave a little shake. It definitely wasn't sarcasm he heard. But he did seem genuinely concerned about the "happy face." "That's what you think," she said, about to spring some Candor knowledge on him, "Your body can do all sorts of things you don't know about. Especially your face." And apparently, your hands, she thought, the incident of just a few moments before still fresh in her mind. There was no more smile now.

17Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:14 pm

JonSnow

He nodded as he listened to her. "So...I was smiling at one point?" Then he realized she wasn't smiling now, and he got off the railing to step towards her slightly, leaning towards her, the ever so slight smirk appearing once more and his eyes showing a vague hint of humor in them. "Now the question is...why don't you have a happy face?" His smile had almost begun to grow as he leaned on the railing with his left arm.

18Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:48 am

Lupa

Lupa

"You bet," she said, a hint of a smile returning. But it was gone again when she turned to look at him. She seemed otherwise unaffected by the fact that he was slowly getting closer to her. "Good question," she said, her eye flicking down to the chain tattoo. No Control. But she only looked at it for a second. Then her eyes popped back up to meet his.

19Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:57 am

JonSnow

Wolf shook his head when he heard her say that he smiled, looked down for a second, and then looked back up at her. "Then I really don't know myself anymore." He notice her eyes look down at her hand and then back at his eyes and Wolf had heard her say it was a good question, to which Wolf once again almost laughed. "It's also a question that still hasn't been answered. So I have another one. Will I find out the answer?"

20Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:04 pm

Lupa

Lupa

Lupa held on to the no-smile face for just a little bit longer. "Hmmm, I doubt it," she said, and slowly the smile came back.

21Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:40 pm

JonSnow

Wolf held onto the smirk, realizing it was growing a bit. "Well, look at that...you've gone and made me smile...and I'm smiling even more. Are you aware you're the only person since last year who could make me do that? I wonder why that is..." He backed away from her and leaned against the railing.

22Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:02 pm

Lupa

Lupa

She tipped her head to the side, curious. But one phrase was most interesting. "Since last year?" she asked, realizing there were hundreds of things that it could mean. "That's a long time to be Grumpy Face" She didn't want to pry too deep.

23Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:11 pm

JonSnow

Wolf suddenly realized that he said that and he looked away. "Yeah...it has to do with my sister..." Wait, what did he just say? He tried to think of why he even mentioned his sister...what the hell was wrong with him today? At this point, all signs of his smile was gone and he was obviously trying to figure out why he just said what he did.

24Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:52 pm

Lupa

Lupa

Sister, huh? Lupa could somewhat relate. At least, to family issues. After all, her par-no. Lupa was Not going to think about that. It probably wasn't even that kind of thing. "Hmm, is that so?" she said, turning about to face the chasm again, looking into the water. She didn't say anything more, but she did want to know.

25Strollin' Around the Pit Empty Re: Strollin' Around the Pit Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:58 pm

JonSnow

Wolf nodded and looked down into the chasm, taking a deep breath. "Yeah...but I'd rather not get into it...it's personal." He looked back at her and walked towards her a bit once more, but he wasn't smiling this time. "And never...ever...mention I had a sister to anyone. Alright?" His voice sounded stern and strict, but his eyes depicted that he was more desperate.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum